The UK’s leading multi-sport tour operator, Gullivers Sports Travel, has taken time out to give Independent School Sports and Independent Education Today a few tips for anyone looking to organise a long haul tour.
Neil Rayer, Gullivers’ Sales Director gives us his top ten:
1. Start planning approx. 18 months to 2 years before departure
2. Work out your budget and be realistic in what you aim for
3. Speak to other schools – it’s always good to get first-hand feedback from your fellow sports staff
4. Be honest about your level of play – some countries are better suited to developing teams, whilst others can offer top level competition
5. Work out what your tour objectives and priorities are – is it a performance or reward tour – is it fully sport focussed or a cultural tour with some sport?
6. Make sure you check age groups/school holidays, as you don’t want to cause issues because of the age group and time you travel
7. Give parents/guardians and players lots of notice to save up and also give them the option to ask questions on the chosen destination
8. Decide if you will fundraise or not – and if you do, set up a committee nice and early to make a plan
9. Ensure you are covered for Health & Safety/Risk Assessment both internally by your school’s trip co-ordinator and that your chosen travel company is externally audited for its H&S practices
10. Finally…Book with an established company that is fully bonded to ensure your money is safe and secure. Gullivers is ABTA, ATOL and IATA bonded, as well as STF and LoTC accredited
To discuss your tour requirements or for further advice on planning a sports tour, please contact Gullivers on 01684 879197 or visit gulliverssportstours.co.uk.
Pro Display was born to innovate, changing the face of visual displ...
Zengenti builds the Contensis CMS the powerhouse behind the websi...
Need a portable cabin or modular building?
We sell and hire ...
Effective teaching is the key to successful, collaborative and pers...
Education Solutions for your School
Webanywhere provide the pri...
From design and installation to maintenance and refurbishment, tota...