New product bonanza at lunch! 2019
The organisers of lunch! share a first look at the new products on show this year
Showcasing exciting new innovations from across the food-to-go sector continues to win lunch! a loyal following among thousands of food-to-go buyers.
This year’s record-breaking edition (featuring more new products, more exhibitors, more speakers and more seminars) will be its biggest in every respect. Attendance is also expected to be up (over 7,000), with its annual visitors regularly including major high-street operators, contract caterers, supermarkets and convenience stores like Tesco, McDonald’s, Subway, Sainsbury’s, Greggs, M&S, KFC, Boots, Costa Coffee, Waitrose, Starbucks, Pret A Manger, Caffè Nero, Co-op, Aldi, Ocado, WHSmith, Nisa, McColls, Spar, BP, SSP Group, Compass Group, Sodexo and Aramark among many others.
These titans of retail, foodservice and hospitality play a vital role in bringing the best new food-to-go brands and innovations to eager consumers (the fast-growing FTG market is set to be worth £23bn by 2022, according to MCA and HIM ) and they’ll find plenty for their customers at the show this autumn. This includes (but is not limited to) coffee, tea, soft drinks, sweet and savoury snacks, cakes and pastries, sandwiches, wraps, salads, superfoods, ready meals, pizza, ice-cream, fresh ingredients, condiments, free from options, vegan, natural and organic, healthy convenience, sustainable packaging and disposables; plus, business essentials, specialist equipment, catering tech and payment solutions. The list goes on…
The future’s here
2019 is already shaping up to be a bumper year for new product launches. Scores of exhibitors have been busy sharing details of what’s new from them (with many launching officially to the UK trade at the show). Here’s some of the highlights:
● Radnor Hills is launching a new 330ml can format for its pure spring water (still and sparkling)
● Mindful Bites’ new Veganettone (vegan panettone) range is available in Classic, Chocolate and Mixed Berries flavours
● Lord Sandwich’s new Full-Wrap is a gluten-free, whole-protein tortilla made from red lentils
● The Savourists’ savoury slice snacks are packed with bursts of sundried tomato, basil and rosemary or black olive and nori seaweed
● DBoost Drinks’ new fat-free milk and natural juice drink contains 100% NRV of Vitamin D
● Kinoko Kombucha’s low-sugar soft drinks (including new Citrus Hop Kinoko) are made in Yorkshire with rainforest alliance green tea
● Qwrkee Foods’ Probiotic Puffs – said to be the world’s first probiotic snack, boasts over one billion live bio cultures in every serving
● Flower and White’s new Meringue Bites & Bars are the first in the confectionery sector to launch in 100% paper recyclable, plastic-free, compostable packaging
● Re:Nourish’s grab-and-go, plant-based soup range comes in a ‘game-changing’ re-heatable, fully recyclable bottle and can be eaten/drunk hot or cold
And that’s just 12 of the show’s 400 exhibiting companies. View and search the initial exhibitor list at lunchshow.co.uk/exhibitors
Big name keynotes
lunch! offers an invaluable opportunity to hear expert insights, business strategies and advice from some of the biggest names in the business. There are 30+ free sessions to enjoy (exclusive keynotes, interviews, research updates and panel discussions) in three show theatres.
The speaker lineup already includes Will Stratton-Morris, UK CEO of Caffé Nero; Marta Pogroszewska, MD of GAIL’s Bakery; Hannah McKay, head of food and beverages UK and Ireland at Caffè Nero; Hannah Squirrell, customer and marketing director at Greggs; Josh Brown, head of coffee and commercial development at Harris + Hoole; Ollie Rosevear, head of environment at Costa Coffee; Said Takhamt, CEO of Cojean; Martyn Clover, head of food at Tortilla; James Kidman, head of food at Crussh; and Aggie Morrell, head of food at Pod Food.
Free visitor registration
lunch! will return to London ExCeL on 19–20 September, 10am to 5pm both days (last entry 4pm). For further information and to register for free in advance, please visit lunchshow.co.uk and quote priority code LU68.