Considering a boarding school’s demanding daily laundry requirements, the prospect of replacing or upgrading laundry equipment can seem daunting. Whether installing machines in a new facility or simply updating equipment, there’s often fear of disruption, lack of time or simply too many choices. However, this doesn’t need to be the case.
School laundries vary hugely in terms of location within the school, requirements and usage. While there’s no ‘one-sizefits-all’ solution there are some things common to all laundries. Firstly, ensuring all washing, drying and ironing is done efficiently and to high standards requires great-quality equipment. Secondly, having a team that can ascertain the school’s needs and the best solution right from the beginning is vital. After-sales service is incredibly important. A friendly face to liaise with, perform regular checks and be on hand for repair work is an essential part of finding a laundry provider.
Miele works with a network of approved partners selected for their in-depth knowledge and quality of service. These partners offer free consultations, getting to know the business and its requirements in order to offer the best solution. Oakham is one of many boarding school customers to benefit from this expert advice. It’s the same friendly faces a school can trust. They can be on site quickly, ensuring installation and servicing is carried out to excellent standards with minimal disruption.
Hughes Pro installed the school’s new machines and gave laundry staff a useful demonstration to allow them to make the best use of them. It was vital that the installation process was quick to avoid a backlog building up. With this in mind,Hughes Pro installed the machines in just one day. A full demonstration ensured that staff were confident in how to use them, including the best programmes for individual items to ensure that machines achieved the best results.
Miele’s commercial washers, dryers and ironers, alongside its specialist service partners, are the perfect combination for boarding schools looking to renew or upgrade their laundry. The key benefits schools can gain are:
● A free consultation: from a small room in a listed building to a new build, Miele’s partners give advice on functional layout, site positioning and works from day one to completion.
● Smooth installation and training:thousands of successful installs means minimal disruption to school life when new machines go in. Miele’s partners also train staff as part of this process.
● The right mix of machines and programmes: Miele’s partners know the machines inside out. Full advice is given on machine and programme choice, including automated programmes, based on precise requirements.
● Local and easily accessible: between them, Miele’s specialist partners cover every inch of the UK. They are on site quickly and customers deal with the same engineers from the first visit through installation to each service check-up.
● The right service contract: Miele’s machines have an exemplary service record, but regular servicing and parts replacement is, of course, essential. Partners discuss service options with customers openly to ensure the right package is agreed.
Zoe Holford, cleaning co-ordinator at Oakham School, said: “As a boarding school it’s essential for our machines to specialise in different washes and ensure that items are cleaned and disinfected to the required standard. Speed is also a priority for us, but it’s a difficult balancing act to wash items quickly while cleaning them thoroughly.
“Miele’s machines provide us with quality washes and also quick cycles, without comprising on either factor which are both vital to us. They have enabled our laundry staff to keep on top of items that need washing, drying and pressing, allowing this aspect of the school to run much more efficiently.”
For your free laundry consultation, call 0845 123 7033.