Inaugurated by Qatar Foundation in 2009, under the leadership of its Chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, the WISE Awards identify and promote the most innovative and effective approaches to key global education challenges, and build a network of change-makers to inspire others around the world.
Selected by a pre-Jury of international education experts, the 2016 WISE Awards Finalists offer creative solutions in access, quality education, the teaching of STEM and entrepreneurial skills. Together they address a wide range of issues that represent common global challenges.
The WISE Awards Finalist projects were selected according to strict criteria. They had to demonstrate innovative thinking and a concrete positive impact on communities and societies, as well as the potential to be replicated in other contexts and regions.
The 2016 WISE Awards Finalists are:
• Geekie, Brazil: https://www.geekie.com.br/
• Sports for Sharing, Mexico: https://en.educacionparacompartir.org/
• Smart Robot Coding School, South Korea: https://robotcoding.io/page/index.html
• Glowork, Saudi Arabia: https://www.glowork.net/
• Tara Akshar Literacy Program, India: https://taraakshar.org/
• Lights for Learning, Spain/Latin America: https://lucesparaaprender.org/web/
• Partners for Possibility, South Africa: https://www.pfp4sa.org/
• Little Ripples, USA/Chad: https://littleripples.org/
• Jump Math, Canada: https://www.jumpmath.org/
• Youth for Technology Academy, USA/Nigeria: https://www.youthfortechnology.org/
• Sonidos de la Tierra, Paraguay: https://www.sonidosdelatierra.org.py/
• 1Kgbox, China: https://bigboxfactory.com/
• Education for growth and value creation in Lebanon, Lebanon: https://www.prodeslebanon.org/
• From puppets to empowerment, Bosnia and Herzegovina: https://genesisbl.org/index.php/en/
Image courtesy of Geekie.com