Considered the most prestigious accolade in the industry, the Bett Awards bring together developers, distributors and educational practitioners each year to recognise, reward and celebrate ICT excellence in the education sector.
Winners of each category are applauded for their outstanding ICT provision and support for nurseries, schools, colleges and special schools. The awards form an integral part of Bett, the world’s leading event for learning technology, and share its passion to highlight the creativity and innovation of the UK’s ICT sector. Together, they form a showcase of the latest inspirational resources, services and organisations available on the market for educators.
The Bett Awards 2016 categories are:
- Early Years Digital Content
- Primary Digital Content
- Secondary Digital Content
- Best Whole Course Subject Curriculum Resource
- ICT Tools for Learning, Teaching and Assessment (web based)
- ICT Tools for Learning, Teaching and Assessment (non web based)
- Digital Collections and Resource Banks
- ICT Special Educational Needs solutions
- Digital Devices
- ICT Leadership and Management solutions
- ICT Exporter of the Year
- ICT Service and Support
- ICT Company of the Year (less than £3m turnover)
- ICT Company of the Year (over £3m turnover)
- Free Digital Content/Open Educational Resources
- International Digital Education Resource
- Educational Apps
- The ICT Innovator of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in ICT Education
The final category is not open for entries, with the shortlist and winner decided by a group of sector stakeholders and influencers. BESA will again act as chair of judges, overseeing the impartiality and fairness of the robust, two-stage judging process by a panel of experienced educational professionals.
Debbie French, portfolio director, i2i Events Group said: “UK education resources are recognised globally for their supremacy, one of the reasons why Bett attracts more than 10,500 international visitors from 128 countries each year. Those organisations, services and resources that go on to win Bett Awards are recognised around the world as a sign of excellence. We are proud to say the number and calibre of entrants for the Awards continues to rise year on year. Each pushes at the very boundaries of what is new, innovative and possible in technology. We are excited to help celebrate excellence again in 2016.”
Caroline Wright, director, BESA added: “The winners of the Bett Awards join an elite circle, enjoying recognition within the sector in the UK and from around the world, as innovative, quality suppliers. All entries will be judged by our panel of independent ICT expert practitioners, educators and consultants who have a wealth of educational experience and really know what works well in the classroom.”
Award entries can be completed online at www.bettawards.com until the closing date, 30 September 2015 and the winners will be announced at a prestigious gala evening event on Wednesday 20 January 2016 at the Brewery, London EC1Y.