Culford School in Suffolk has launched a new sports programme. Its golf academy offers children aged 8-18 the opportunity to receive golf coaching from PGA professional Lawrence Dodd.
Members of the academy can choose one of three programmes designed to enhance each stage of a young golfer’s progress, namely: activities, development and high performance. They will have free access to on-site golf facilities, as well as junior membership of local courses, including Royal Worlington.
Each of the academy programmes include:
• regular personalised coaching sessions with Lawrence Dodd
• a bespoke curriculum at the school
• technical golf skills development and specialist golf strength and conditioning training
• video analysis and golf simulation
• scholarships worth up to 25 percent against tuition fees
“What excites me most about the Culford Golf Academy is the opportunity to develop a player pathway for children 8-18 years of age,” says Lawrence Dodd. “Pupils of all abilities will benefit from wonderful on-site facilities, first-class coaching and a performance environment that I had to wait until I was involved with the England set-up to experience. All this alongside an outstanding academic education. I wish there had been such an opportunity when I was a schoolboy.”