TG Escapes bespoke timber framed buildings are used for a myriad of purposes including canteens, offices, sports facilities, studios, chapels as well as classrooms and early years provision.
They range in size from single room buildings up to two story multi-classroom blocks accommodating hundreds of students.
- Energy-efficient technology reduces running costs
- Biophilic design connects to nature for better wellbeing
- Offsite construction minimises disruption, cost and risk
- Tree planting program engages students in sustainability
“Working with TG Escapes was a very positive experience.”
David Leen, bursar, Holy Cross Prep School
Each building is a bespoke design by Metropolis Architects. The fast modular process uses offsite construction to minimise time and disruption on site, ensuring educational continuity and cost certainty.
Smaller buildings can be completed on site in as little six weeks. Larger buildings can cost as little as £1,500 per m2.
Every project starts with a FREE site visit and building design. The service is turnkey which means one all-inclusive price including:
- Planning permission/building regulations
- Foundations and clearance
- Service connections
Energy-efficient technology can deliver a passive building. Solar, sun pipes, living roofs, smart lighting and active ventilation available.
The eco-friendly designs enhance wellbeing by following biophilic design principles:
- Incorporate natural elements
- Provide easy access to the outdoors
- Use materials and textures that reflect those in nature
- Maximise penetration and exposure to natural light
- Provide a healthy level of interior air quality
- Provide views of the natural world outside
“The facility is a vast improvement on our previous canteen and also the space can be used outside service times.”
Matt Devereux, facilities manager, St Bernard’s School
TG Escapes also plant trees on behalf of school customers. The project has three aims:
- To engage students in the challenges facing the planet and increase their awareness of the need for sustainable living.
- To help support schools in their Rights Respecting Schools agenda by supporting farmers and their families in Uganda.
- To offset a proportion of a school’s carbon emissions – each tree will absorb 250Kg of CO2 over its lifetime.
For every school that receives a free proposal for a new classroom, we will fund the planting of 10 trees which will then be gifted to the school. Along with a free Tree Pack. The Tree Pack contains lesson plans, posters, videos and badges designed to help educate students about the importance of sustainability.
For each finished building, we will fund TAU to plant a ‘forest’ of between 200 and 1,000 trees (depending upon the size of the school) which will again be gifted.
Each tree that is planted under the EcoMatcher scheme is recorded by an app which logs the location and date of planting and includes a picture of both the tree and the farmer taking care of it.
Once a school has become the custodian of some trees, the students will be able to virtually travel to them using Treetracker, an app and web application utilising amazing satellite maps, allowing the children to see the trees and even ‘chat’ to them.
TG Escapes have built over 700 eco buildings in 12 years, are members of the British Educational Suppliers Association and Construction Line Gold, partners with the Institute of School Business Leadership, and customers awarded 4.9 out of 5, based on 142 reviews.
For more information call 0800 917 7726 or email email@example.com